Serving all of Pulaski and Alexander Counties

Community

Heather On Health: Self Determination Theory

by: Heather Carney, MPH student, SIU What motivates us?  What drives us to make positive changes in our health?  Why are we sometimes reluctant, while other times inspired to move forward in our journey towards health and wel...

41a_shriners_webfeature

Shriners celebrate 100 years

Ainad Shriners are celebrating their 100th anniversary throughout Southern Illinois during 2012. The anniversary year is full of events in which the public is encouraged to participate.  We will be starting our celebration wit...

Rotary donates dictionaries to Cairo class

The Cairo Rotary Club provided student dictionaries to both third grade classes at Cairo Elementary school. Students and teachers were thrilled to receive the dictionaries from the club. Members of the club presented the dictio...

Smiles News: Oct. 4, 2012

by: Jeanne Taylor On September 11th, nurse Marla So. 7 Health Dept. was here doing meds for the seniors. On September 13th, AARP’s guest speaker, Kevin Fear, presented a program on Air Evac Lifeteam & answered our questio...

Happy Days: Oct. 4, 2012

by: Mary Feissinger Oh what a cold damp day today.  It was a good day to sleep in. But I had too much to do, as I didn’t get the senior citizens news written. I went over for lunch at Happy Days and was glad to get back ...

The Ramblin Man: October 4, 2012

by: David Porter Yesterday, my wife and I were driving behind a vehicle that had a metal box strapped to the roof. On the side of the box facing us was a sign that looked like it could be lit up from the inside. The sign read, ...