Serving all of Pulaski and Alexander Counties

Community

Ramblin’ Man: October 11, 2012

by: David Porter Everyone who knows me knows that I’m not a real happy-go-lucky kind of guy. Oh, I’m easy going enough; I’m just pretty serious most of the time. So, naturally, my secret desire is to do stand-up comedy. I...

Smiles News: October 11, 2012

by: Jeanne Taylor October 2012 Events 5-John Goins’s 91st Birthday Party 8-Site Closed for Columbus Day 9-Flu Shots by Nurse Marla, So.7 Health Dept. 10-Music by Joe & Friends 11-Senior Fest, Shawnee College, Ullin, IL. 1...

Happy Days: Oct 11, 2012

by: Mary Feissinger Well, I believe it is getting to be time to keep our coats out. Although the weatherman said after this cold spell it was suppose to turn back hot again.  We will have our senior fest Thursday, Sept. 11th...

Heather On Health: Self Determination Theory

by: Heather Carney, MPH student, SIU What motivates us?  What drives us to make positive changes in our health?  Why are we sometimes reluctant, while other times inspired to move forward in our journey towards health and wel...

41a_shriners_webfeature

Shriners celebrate 100 years

Ainad Shriners are celebrating their 100th anniversary throughout Southern Illinois during 2012. The anniversary year is full of events in which the public is encouraged to participate.  We will be starting our celebration wit...